Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bom natal

\hey all,

Well it has been almost 9 months since my last post. Lots has happened and i will try and sum it up quickly. I have been back and forth to the US twice, once to finish my master´s and once for my friend, /thad´s wedding. Both were successful. My brother also met someone and got married in june/july. I am single again. I have finally changed jobs and know now for sure that I will be in /east /timor another 2 years. Starting in Jan I will be Sanitation advisor to the Ministry of Health. Since I am in between things I am writting you from Manaus, Brazil on the amazon. I have come with some friends to Brazil for the holidays. I will drop the details later but will be going to Mozambique in Jan for a week as well before returning to ET to start my shall I say career. Last week I had malaria and typhoid if you can believe it. It was actually quick and only new I had it after I was better and got a blood test. Only one day fever, amazing. Tomorrow we are heading up the amazon for a four day jungle trip. I am told I will build my own shelter in the jungle and will be grabbing small gators with my hands the first day? Anyway things are good. Merry x-mas and happy new year. hope everyone is well. love, jesse

No comments: